It’s going to be a crummy week. Not in the “Blah I have a lot to do and I don’t WANNA!” sort of way, but in an “George Clooney as Ryan Bingham” sort of way.
On top of that, C is out of town til December, and because I’ll be on the road for half the week, Finnegan is at my mother’s. Roscoe, being more independent, is here with me and keeping me company, but I miss my other boys like crazy, ESPECIALLY since it is going to be such a tough week.
Anyway, instead of being terminally cranky (as I have been on Twitter), I am going to list Five Things that are good.
1. My mother-in-law made mac n’ cheese over the weekend, and let me take the leftovers home with me. No one does comfort food like my MIL. This will be dinner for at least a couple nights this week.
2. I have Thursday off for Veteran’s day. I’ve always thought that we should have Veteran’s Day as our second floater instead of Lincoln’s B’day (the other floater being Election Day), as it often lands middle of the week. However, I am so looking forward to the random mid-week day off this year to recharge my batteries.
3. When I went to the dentist last week, I got the hygienist’s equivalent of an A+. This has never happened before. I was gleaming with pride.
4. For the first time since … well, a long time, I have Christmas week off. I was going to take a handful of days surrounding Christmas and New Years to ease some of the traveling I’m doing, when I realized that for the same number of days, I could just take the week off. I can’t wait.
5. I’M GOING TO NEW ORLEANS ON SATURDAY! For four days. And I get to see my hubby. And eat delicious Creole and Cajun food. And po’boys. And beignets.
I think I can make it through the week knowing what I have to look forward to.