1. It’s been insane at work. INSANE. We’re doing layoffs, and I work in HR. It’s been a massive undertaking, where I’ve learned a lot (which is a good thing), but I’ve had to tell people they’re losing their jobs in the process (which, frankly, sucks). It’s been emotionally draining and as a result I haven’t had much left over for anything else.
2. Yes, it IS affecting my marriage, and I hate that. But, part of me kind of loves it – not me being moody toward him, or he being over-sensitive to my moods, or anything in-between, but the fact that we are a UNIT and all things that happen affect us both. I’m not sure if it is a good thing or a bad thing that C is on the road right now. I feel like I would feel better if he was here, but then again leaning on him as an emotional crutch isn’t healthy, either.
3. Speaking of lists, I don’t think I’m into this whole “Life List” phenomenon. And I’m refreshed to see that other bloggers aren’t into it, either. I don’t think my reasons are as articulate as Sarah’s: my Type A overacheiver is tempered compared to hers, but she brings up some good points. There are a lot of things I want to do/try/achieve, but right now, because of #1, I’m really just trying to keep my head above water and stay positive about my life and my work (which, fortunately, is relatively easy to do, given the circumstances … not everyone is so lucky).
4. I have been trying to blog more lately. I’ve let this get a bit more personal than I have let (public) blogs get in the past, and I think that’s OK so long as it doesn’t cross a line. It is therapeutic, but it can also be very dangerous, which I am keenly aware of. However, sometimes, I don’t have the energy to write something insightful. Sometimes, I just want to write.
5. I’m currently devouring Margaret Atwood’s The Year of the Flood, and I am nursing a splitting sinus headache and a nasty cold, so I think I’m going to pack it in for the night. Yes, at 8pm. Shut up, I’m sick.
6. I just got back from New Orleans, and do have some insightful things to share. Later. When I kick this cold.